Saturday, May 28, 2005

I got my job through the New York Times...

I hate to drink alone, otherwise I would have popped the cork on a bottle of champagne to celebrate a publishing coup; PLAY DATES was excerpted in the NY Bookshelf feature of the Sunday 5/29/05 City section of the New York Times. I have stopped dancing around the room long enough to sit down and type this. As a measure of how hard it is to crack that particular Times nut, it takes about 5 months after your book is released before there's room for you on that Sunday "Bookshelf." Better late than never, of course.

And while my head is spinning, it's worth a mention that the novel formerly known as DIRTY LINEN is now the novel formerly known as DISPARATE HOUSEWIVES. HarperCollins' house counsel just thought the title was too much of an uh-oh. So, this entertaining Upper West Side story about a shrink who holds her unorthodox therapy sessions in her apartment building's laundry room is now called SPIN DOCTOR, to be published February-ish, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home